- New and Used Parts and Supplies
- Volunteer Program
- Instruction for any Skill Level
- Book & Media Library
- Bike Parts Art Night
Fix-Your-Bike with us
We are focused on empowering people with the knowledge and tools they need to build and maintain self-sufficient, low cost modes of transportation. Bring in your bike needing repairs and regardless of your skill level, our volunteers will show and assist you to get your bike running again.
- Shop use costs $5/hour with a cap of $15/day and free for a quick fix that is less than 30 minutes. If this presents a hardship for you, we are happy to arrange a work-trade for shop time. The shop use fee does not apply to Build-a-Bikes or Bike Saviours volunteers.
Come in and pick out a bike from our inventory of donated bikes. We can help you select the size and style that’s right for your needs. Then we will supply the tools and instruction to build your bike into tip to and safe operating condition. All we ask is that you come willing to learn and get a little greasy.
Once you’ve completely revamped your new ride, which usually takes a few sessions (6 to 10 hours), you can ride off into the sunset with your new bike love for only $80 (for most bikes), plus the cost of any new or fancy parts added to your bike.
New and Used Parts & Supplies
We stock new and used bicycle parts and supplies to keep your bike in top shape. We carry:
- New parts, such as tubes, tires, chains, brake pads, lights and locks
- Used parts for bike types from every era
- Frames and more complete bikes available for those interested in building
- Additional accessories and some fancier parts are priced as marked
Our used are parts entirely from donations, so there’s no guarantee something that’s in the shop one week will be there the next. We do not accept trades, but our used part prices are very reasonable.
Volunteer as Bike Saviours
You don’t have to know how to repair bicycles to volunteer at Bike Saviours — we will teach you! We can also use any other special skills/talents/areas of expertise such as graphic design, accounting, community outreach, etc. that you may have, so let us know. E-mail us or come into the shop and we’ll tell you how to get started. Find out more on our Get Involved page.
- We have intermittent workshops for women and transgender people. For more information or to help volunteer, please email us at email@example.com.
- Why do we need a women’s workshop at Bike Saviours?
Book & Media Library
- A wide selection of repair manuals, periodicals, novels and videos are available for check out in the shop. Please consult a volunteer in the shop for more information on these materials.
- Calling all artists/fabricators: We have intermittent art nights where we invite people to learn a new art skill. If you are interested in participating, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.