- Used and New Parts Sales
- Volunteer Program
- Instruction for any Skill Level
- Book & Media Library
- Bike Parts Art Night
The Tool Share
- Park brand bike stands (adjacent to sturdy workbenches) allow up to ~10 bikes to be repaired at once. You can check out a workstand at the greeter desk.
- Each stand has a set of tools sufficient to complete most repairs.
- Park brand truing stands are available for repairing up to 3 wheels at once.
- A rollaway toolbox stocked with a complete selection of Park’s hand tools for advanced repair tasks, which can be checked out under the supervision of volunteers on staff.
- Simple metal fabrication gear is also available, subject to availability of volunteer supervision.
- Shop use costs $5/hour with a cap of $15/day. This helps to pay for rent, tools, and other expenses. If this presents a hardship for you, we are happy to arrange a work-trade for shop time. The use fee does not apply to volunteers or Build-a-Bikes.
Parts & Supplies
- Used parts for a variety of bike types from every era
- Frames and more complete bikes available for those interested in building
- New parts, such as tubes, tires, chains, brake pads, lights and locks
- Accessories and some fancier parts are priced as marked,
Come in and pick out a bike from our boneyard of donated bikes. We can help you select the size and style that’s right for your needs. We’ll also supply the tools and instruction. All we ask is that you come willing to learn and get a little greasy. Once you’ve completely revamped your new ride, which usually takes a few sessions, you can ride off into the sunset with your new bike love for only $80, plus the cost of any new or fancy parts added to your bike.
You don’t have to know how to repair bicycles to volunteer at Bike Saviours — we will teach you! We can also use any other special skills/talents/areas of expertise such as graphic design, accounting, community outreach, etc. that you may have, so let us know. E-mail us or come into the shop and we’ll tell you how to get started. Find out more on our Get Involved page.
- We have intermittent workshops for women and transgender people. For more information or to help volunteer, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Why do we need a women’s workshop at Bike Saviours?
Book & Media Library
- A wide selection of repair manuals, periodicals, novels and videos are available for check out in the shop. Please consult a volunteer in the shop for more information on these materials.
- Calling all artists/fabricators: We have intermittent art nights where we invite people to learn a new art skill. If you are interested in participating, please email us at email@example.com.